Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Gaining weight!

 
My body now! Pic kinda blurry, sorry!

   Okay, so I have complained about being too skinny before in previous posts. So, I figure I should adhere to Maya Angelou's quote, "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude". Well, I'm going to try my best to gain weight. Now, this won't be the first time I've tried to gain weight, it will be the hundredth time. I have been trying to gain weight since I've heard the words, you're so skinny! So since I was eight I have been stuffing my face with  junk food so I can gain weight, and guess what? It did --in my stomach! Therefore, I looked pregnant according to my little sister.

   Now,  if anyone that's reading this  is trying to lose weight don't roll your eyes, if you haven't already! Being skinny is no fun, people would literally laugh at me like I'm a clown during a circus performance. Shopping is often a disaster, especially finding jeans to fit me perfectly. I remember when I was in middle school and I went  back-to-school shopping with my mom. My mother asked the worker at a store in the mall if they carried my size. The woman looked me up and down shaking her head profusely and said, "Oh, no!" and turned around. I wanted to leave the store immediately as I was humiliated.
 
   Before I would try to gain weight by eating more, doing exercises that help gain muscle, but I often would quit  if I didn't see results or I was tired of it. Now, I am committed to my exercise regime and diet for this entire summer. I exercise on alternate days and eat more calories than I do now by drinking weight gain drinks, like Boost or Ensure. I am not going to give up, because I believe that there is a possibility of changing my weight so I'm no longer known as that skinny girl.

  I also go on youtube for some advice, and i subscribed to Bootynomics. She  used to be a skinny girl and now is overall just a voluptuous beauty. Here's a few videos:





   I'll probably never look this girl, I mean anything can happen, but the point is to challenge myself. Going on this journey I am exercising and eating healthy, which is great for my health,  regardless of the physical attributes I feign for. What I really want to gain is confidence and like Ruby Dee once said, "The kind of beauty I want most is the hard to get kind that comes from within--strength, courage and dignity".

No comments:

Post a Comment