Sunday, May 5, 2013

Loner's Club!

  
Source: nyulocal.com
           

     Aaah! The weekend is almost over and I just had so much fun dancing at the clubs, getting high on powdery substances I'm too afraid to ask about,  and hooking up with cute strangers YAAASSS! The life of a woman in her twenties living it up!! Yeah, and who saw through that pile of bullcrap ('scuse my language). Anyway, my weekend consisted of reading Mama Day by Gloria Naylor ( a great read by the way!), watching Scandal on Netflix, taking a walk in a "safe" neighborhood, bothering my little sister, and enjoying not having any homework to do.

    I know I am not living the fast life, and some part of me wishes I do. I watch shows like The Jersey Shore and the ratchetness of VH1 (don't judge me!) and sometimes I just wish that I were popping off bottles  at the club, if that is the right term. It's not like I've never been to a club, I remember going downtown to the club life with a couple of friends and it wasn't so much fun if any at all. People are dancing and drunk if you're at the age of drinking (which I'm not) and other people are standing in the corner, kind of like school dances. Otherwise, it wasn't really fun especially when it's so loud you can't hear anyone let alone your own voice.

   I'm a quiet person and while people my age are learning the way through the clubs, I am trying to learn how to crochet a hat. I guess I just don't want to look back at this stage in my life and say to myself, "Man! I should have done something!" However, the matter of fact is that I do accomplish something everyday, heck I wake up everyday ain't that some thing! Maybe because school is over I am wondering what I should do now. Maybe cuddling to books is a needed relaxation and I don't need to worry about what everyone else is doing with themselves. Like what my mom always says, "worry about your own". So that's what  I'll try to do for now, but it's hard when society shoves down your throat  a book of rules that one must comply to.

  But yeah, if anyone wants to join the Loner's Club there's  a $5.00 membership fee, and we meet on the weekends where it consists of us not conforming to what society thinks us youngins should do.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment