Thursday, September 4, 2014

100% | #30Layers30Days:Day 4

    Today's writing challenge is writing about an area where you don't feel you are showing,or putting in 100% . To answer this, I would respond with being assertive. This effects my relationships and roles in life.I still have passion and dreams  that I want to achieve, however, I am not being assertive in what  I want from myself and others as well.

    I had my first internship this summer at a reality TV production company. It was a lot more fun and laid back than I expected. At the end of the internship, after I said my byes, and my exit interview was conducted I spoke to one of my supervisors. She told me that the main advice she had for me was to be more assertive , and in this industry you need to be.  I wasn't surprised that was her advice, because I am quiet and soft-spoken. However, it stuck to me , because it was something I wanted to improve for a long time.

    Sometimes, I feel that if I become assertive to others I will hurt their feelings or strain relationships. But what I have come to learn this past month, is that if you do not become assertive not in what you say, but in your actions then you may not be taken seriously as you would like.

     As for myself, I think I can be harsh on myself with thought, but I won't sometimes take the necessary actions to improve my situations. I suddenly become laid-back and  a self-doubter. I'm learning now that assertiveness does not have to be as harsh as aggressiveness. There's no need for a stank attitude, but I should demand more for myself. I can learn to surprise people,and tell them no. Just need to tell myself to work harder and push my self so that I won't slip and fall.

      I want to be able to show the world, what this shy, quiet girl can do when she sets her mind to it. To be assertive is to also know my information, and to know what it is  I'm talking about, but I've seen confident people ramble on about things they know nothing about--anyway now I'm rambling lol!  I hope I've made my point!

Quote of the Day:
To be great, be whole;
Exclude nothing, exaggerate nothing that is not you.
Be whole in everything. Put all you are
Into the smallest thing you do.
So, in each lake, the moon shines with splendor
Because it blooms up above.” 
― Fernando PessoaPoems of Fernando Pessoa




There you have it! I finished the fourth day of the 30 day challenge whoop, whoop! If you want to sign up, sign up here.  

Thanks for reading! Follow my blog for more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment