Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Trip to Paris: Journey to The Gardens

                           
 
     While some things went wrong in Paris, I still enjoyed and appreciated the experience. One of the best things to happen was my journey to the gardens. Being able to immerse myself in nature and truly relax and let go of any worries while capturing the beauty and elegance the gardens portrayed, *exhales deeply* equals perfection!

      One of the first gardens I went to was the Luxembourg Gardens. According to Wikipedia, "In 1611, Marie de' Medici, the widow of Henry IV and the regent for the King Louis XIII decided to build a palace in imitation of the Pitti Palace in her native Florence. She purchased the hotel du Luxembourg (today the Petit-Luxembourg palace) and began construction of the new palace. She commissioned Salomon de Brosse to build the palace and a fountain, which still exists."

     It was definitely grandeur like all the gardens I went to, unfortunately I didn't spend too long there and only took a few pictures:






The Palace




The Pool


  The Jardin du Versaille was one of the first gardens I explored. I spent the most time here because you have to pay to enter. Not sure how much, but it was worth it. It was like going through a maze because you are surrounded by the tall landscaping of the trees, and  geometric shaped bushes. If I weren't with my classmates I would have been lost!

  Unfortunately my phone and camera died during the tour of the Palace of Versaille so these photos  are from my friend Peta.


In front of the Dragon Fountain


My favorite, however, was the Jardin du Palais Royal. It's located near the Louvre It was created by the Cardinal Richelieu in 1633 to house royal families until the Palace of Versaille was built.  So many colorful flowers and ornate statues to drool over.







Wash and go in full effect!

Eating the La Maison Du Chocolat from the Louvre.

Awkward posing!

???








Can I stay longer please?

So there you have it, my journey to the gardens! What was your favorite picture? What places would you like to visit in Paris? Leave  a comment below!


















Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jardin_du_Luxembourg#History

No comments:

Post a Comment